Sunday, September 18, 2011

Wasabi


WHO: your noodle lovin' self.
WHAT: Wasabi, your friendly neighborhood Japanese noodle/sushi/teriyaki spot
WHEN: Afternoons, grab some sushi 'to go' and head to McCarren Park. Or stay in with some Netflix and order Wasabi delivery (only a $10 minimum!)
WHERE: 638 Manhattan Avenue. (where Bedford meets Manhattan Ave). Greenpoint. But I don't know if I would ever dine in at this place. Its a little grimy in there. 'To go' or delivery is the best bet.
WHY: Because sometimes, you need a huge cheap pile of noodles.

HINT: Get the tempura appetizer plate ($6.25). Those fried veggies instantly cured my hangover. They definitely know how to do their hot stuff here: tempura, Yaki Udon noodles ($9.50), and Soyu Ramen ($8.00) were all perfect. My little avocado sushi roll ($3.25) was nothing to write home about, and I've heard rumors that their sushi is sorta sub-par. So, avoid the sushi here, but GET YOUR NOODLES ON!

I give it:
/ 10
FIVE OUT OF TEN HAPPY BRUCE FACES

No comments:

Post a Comment